As the Project Manager - Software Development, you are responsible for planning, budgeting, oversight and documenting all aspects of our company’s projects. You are the Project Manager when facing both our internal teams and our clients and partners. You have an agile and strategic approach to project management and consider both the business and people's priorities as you guide the team to their successful outcome for some of the world's leading eLearning companies.
The ideal applicant is organized, proactive, motivated by a complex, fast-paced, and extremely collaborative culture: strong interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation skills, and abilities to influencing change. You are passionate about relentless improvement, and you have a strong sense of ownership.
- Utilize Lambda Solutions' practices and standards to develop and manage the delivery of our product and requirements.
- Work with key stakeholders, including the Client, Account Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Lead Developers, and Management.
- Facilitate Program Increment (PI) and Iteration planning and review sessions and ensure team ownership and involvement in the process.
- Work with both Lambda and client teams to create estimates, determine timelines, and perform technical assessments for the project in the initiation stage.
- Communicate project status to the team and stakeholders.
- Gather and document requirements for analysis, estimation, design, and QA.
- Maintain status reports, meeting minutes, and other documentation throughout delivery.
- Conduct risk analyses and maintains risk management documentation.
- Work with key project stakeholders to obtain Go/No-Go decisions for all project phases.
- Work with the Release team to plan releases and all related activities. Provide information to the release team required for production system updates.
- Manage project close-off and hand-off.
- Proven track record in management of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- 3+ years of previous Project Management experience in software development
- Deep alignment with Agile principles and values.
- Prior experience in the domain of eLearning, eCommerce or Business Analytics is an asset.
- PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, or CSM certifications are an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record in an Agile environment.
- Must be able to manage a remote group of developers.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and delivery tracking skills.
- Strong motivational and team-building skills.
- A desire to leave everything in a better state than when you found it.
- A we-before-me approach to work.
- Driven and motivated by a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Strong command of both written and spoken English.
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada.
About Lambda Solutions
For over 15 years Lambda Solutions (www.lambdasolutions.net) has been providing innovative solutions for organizations across multiple industries who sell and manage eLearning. Our deep knowledge of open source LMS, learning analytics and eCommerce allows for completely integrated eLearning solutions that support over 1.4 million learners worldwide, with 600+ installations.
At Lambda Solutions, we never settle for the status quo. We never forget that our customers are our business. We're efficient but diligent. We value teamwork. And above all, we know how to have fun.
You're in Good Company!
At Lambda, we believe in making other people’s lives better—both through our products and everyday interactions. We’re also just really nice people - We know, humble brag :). If that sounds like you, then you should come work with us.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please email a detailed resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Vancouver will be considered. No phone calls, please.