Last Amendment Date: November 25th, 2014
Information We Collect
Lambda may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- If you register with us, fill out a profile page, create a tile, purchase products or services, send us an email, send us feedback or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and sometimes store the information you share. This depends on the information you choose to provide but may include your name, email address, credit card information or other billing information. You are not required to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- If you use our Site, Lambda may collect information about your computer including, but not limited to your internet protocol address, Internet Service Provider, browser type and referring website addresses. This is statistical data about our users browsing action and patterns and does not contain personally identifiable information. To the extent that this information can be considered to be personal information, it is used solely for the purposes of administering our website and is not disclosed for any other purpose except as described in this website.
- If you use a mobile device, Lambda may collect information such as your device type, device identifiers (such as cell-ID), mobile service provider, and your actual and/or approximate location (such as latitude, longitude, signal strength) through GPS or cell tower information
- If you use our Site, Lambda may obtain information about your general internet usage, including but not limited to access times, clicks and information on cookie files and web beacons to improve the personalized service of our Site. You may refuse to accept these cookies, however if you select this setting, it may affect your usage of the Site.
- If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet) that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. (We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you.)
The Sites and Services may contain links to websites or other properties and content operated by third parties over which Lambda has no control. Their privacy policies may be different from our Policy, and you access such linked websites or third-party content at your own risk.
How the Collected Information is Used
We use information that we collect to help us provide you with better service. It also helps our advertisers and partners provide you with more relevant offers, which in turn helps cover the cost of our services to you. Among other things, the information we collect enables Lambda to:
- improve our services
- ensure that contents in the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- customize the content and advertising you see
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
- fulfill your requests for products, services and information and validate your user rights
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
We also may engage third parties to help us track and analyze anonymous information from users who visit the Sites or use the Services or the performance of advertisements.
How/When the Collected Information is Disclosed
Lambda will never sell, share, transfer or rent your personal information for secondary purposes.
In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our subsidiary companies as defined in the British Columbia Business Corporations Act.
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Site and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- If the company is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information under a legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply its contractual agreements or without your consent pursuant to any of the exceptions in the BC PIPA or the PIPEDA.
We may share anonymous information (meaning information that does not identify you personally) with or to others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
Communicating with you by Email
By providing your email address to Lambda or communicating with Lambda via email, you are deemed to expressly consent to receiving email communications from Lambda in conjunction with the Services that Lambda provides to you.
Storage of Your Personal Information
Lambda takes all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. Information that we collect is stored on servers that Lambda manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your province, state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of Canada, please be advised that Lambda processes and stores information in Canada and/or the US and/or the EU and your use of our Site or Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing and storage.
Lambda reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and will do so by posting changes to this Policy on the Site. The new Policy will apply to all current and past users of the Site.
You have the right to access information held about you in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. You may also request that we correct personal information that we hold about you subject to applicable privacy legislation.
Any questions about this Policy or its application or about Lambda’s privacy practices, please contact:
Lambda Solutions Inc.
110 West Hastings Street, Second Floor
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada