Premium Cloud Hosting
We’re Your Go To Cloud Moodle Hosting
Fast Deployment. Secure LMS Cloud. Amazing Performance.
Lambda Solutions’ managed Totara and Moodle hosting services offers unrivaled performance and exceptional value. In addition to fast response rates and ‘always on’ learning, you can also expect 24/7 managed Totara or Moodle hosting, and access to expert application support. What we’re most excited about, is that our Professional and Enterprise packages now include Lambda’s Advanced Reporting & Analytics Solution.
Managed Fully, Completely
- Let us take care of servers, operating systems, applications, databases, security, backups and upgrades.
- We monitor, tune and scale the performance of your system to make sure it stays in the best possible shape to deliver courses, quizzes, lectures and videos.
- Ask us how! We provide guidance with our Totara LMS and Moodle application support.
Which level of managed cloud hosting service do you need?
|Active Users1||Up to 250||500 – 5,000||1,000+|
|Learning Management System||Moodle||Moodle or Totara||Moodle or Totara|
|Packaged Community Plugins2||Starter||Complete||Complete|
|Configurable Theme||Lambda Liquid||Lambda Liquid||Lambda Liquid|
|Implementation and Training3||Training Only|
|Upgrades||Included, with optional LTR support4|
|Single Sign-On (i.e. LDAP, SAML)|
|Add Custom Developed Plugins2|
|Support||Email (up to 5 Hours)||Email and Phone||Email and Phone, Priority Tickets, VIP SLA, Dedicated Agent⁵|
|eCommerce Course Storefront||Add-on||Add-on|
|Virtual Classroom (Web Conference)||Add-on||Add-on|
|Storage||10GB||100GB (Expandable)||150GB (Expandable)|
|Backups and Disaster Recovery||Daily, stored 7 days||Daily, stored 7 days||Every 12 hours, stored 15 days|
|Unique URL (Domain Name)|
|Access to Course Backups and File Repository|
|Temporary Testing Site||1||1|
|Data Center Location||CAN or US||CAN, US, or EU||CAN, US, or EU|
|Unlimited Monthly Data Usage⁶|
|24x7x365 System Monitoring|
|Pricing||Starting at under $600 per month⁷||Request Pricing||Request Pricing|
1. An Active User is an account (administrator, manager, instructor, learner, etc) that has logged in at least once within the service start and renewal date.
2. Plugins are installed by Lambda Solutions, only after successful validation of their compatibility with Moodle or Totara and a check of their security level. Lambda reserves the right to not install or remove plugins deemed as harmful, problematic, or unsupported. Additional plugins added to eligible packages require a Non-Packaged Plugin Installation and Upgrade Subscription (up to 5 plugins) which includes a plugin review, installation, evaluation to help determine compatibility with a newer version of Moodle/Totara, and upgrade of the plugin when new versions are released by the plugin maintainer.
3. Implementation and training participants get continuous access to the online courses for Moodle and Totara Learn for just-in-time learning as well as live and recorded Master Classes. A one-time implementation phase is included providing a series of virtual sessions delivered using web conferencing software by an LMS implementation expert.
4. LTR (Long Term Release) Lambda offers clients the option to stay on a supported version of Moodle or Totara that has been selected for a long term release. Minor upgrades will be applied; however, major upgrades will be delayed until the LTR is no longer supported or if a client decides to move to the newest supported Moodle or Totara version Lambda Solutions offers.
5. A Dedicated Support Agent is a primary point of contact for ticket routing and communication. Secondary routing may occur to ensure tickets response times are met, specialized skills sets assigned, and/or if a dedicated agent is out of office.
6. Data Usage is the outbound and inbound data transfer from the data-center hosting the LMS via the Internet to users browsing content residing on the LMS or uploading files from a user’s device to the LMS.
7. Based on an annual commitment paid upfront.
All production websites on Lambda managed Totara hosting services are monitored 24/7/365 by Lambda operations staff who respond to incidents to ensure minimal downtime commitment. Clients have access to technical support via multiple channels: phone line(s), email, and ticketing HelpDesk system, with further details, including response time SLA commitment, available in the technical support policy.
“Since Lambda has been taking care of Moodle hosting, we don’t have any directory synchronization issues between our users and the hosted site”
SHAH MURAD | Enterprise Systems Administrator, Langley School District 35
Reliable, Available, High Performance
Open for Learning 24/7/365
Let people learn when they want — anytime anywhere. Our dedicated database and server experts watch over our hosting infrastructure and make sure it never goes down. We use a monitoring and alert system to let our technical people know when problems might occur. Even if one server fails, another one immediately takes over in our fail-over program. We also ensure that assignments, quizzes, course materials and records, are backed-up daily so no one can lose their work.
Faster, Reliable Delivery of Large Files
Adding the Digital Media Library (DML) to your existing Moodle hosting plan will allow you to differentiate between how your Moodle is hosted and how the more media-heavy elements of your course are hosted. Your Moodle would still be hosted on our servers, via your choice of a shared, virtual or dedicated Moodle server. Your media, however, is hosted separately, using larger and more powerful super-servers. The result is an online course that is free of disruption for your learners and does not require a huge price tag in order to be hosted properly.
Increase Learner Productivity
Nothing is more frustrating than a hung screen, or a sluggish response. Keep learners happy by providing them with an environment that keeps up with their ability. Boost your learning system’s performance on our hosted platform. We continuously tune caches and shape bandwidth to make the user experience a pleasure. We also run on a fiber network that automatically switches traffic to open lines to prevent bottlenecks.
Reduce Capital Costs
Totara Managed hosting means you do not have to buy the servers or the IT expertise to run a Totara or Moodle implementation. We take the capital costs off your balance sheet.
Save Over Time
Maintaining application and hosting know-how in the face of continuous change, takes time and dedication. We have the resources to optimize our systems so that you don’t have to. Concentrate on creating great courses instead.
Our hosting and application support experts really know their stuff. You can count on us to resolve hosting problems promptly and to answer application questions knowledgeably. Our flexible, tiered support packages allow you to access the help you need when you need it.
Flexible and Expandable
Grow When You Need To
As your organization succeeds and needs room to expand, the Lambda Cloud will deliver. Our infrastructure is highly flexible, so when you are ready to grow, so are we. Spikes in activity, and growing numbers of employees or learners can be easily accommodated with our Elastic cloud hosting environment.
Support Mobile Learning
To accommodate the quickly popular mobile learning style, Lambda hosted Totara LMS and Moodle implementations support any device. So long as a participant has an internet connection, they can learn on the go. This supports the new ‘bring your own device’ approach to reducing capital costs, and allows you to avoid complicated ‘synchronization’ procedures that offline/online systems demand.
Gain the Benefit of New Features
Get the most from your Totara Learn and Moodle LMS. Not only do we include our reporting solution and packaged plugins, we also perform scheduled upgrades to keep your LMS up-to-date with new features that allow you to extend and improve the learning experience. You decide whether you want to participate, and we’ll test your existing system against the upgrade to let you know how it will affect existing courses.
Your learners and courses remain safe behind our firewall. Our intrusion detection and prevention systems turn potential threats away from the gate. Lambda’s LMS Cloud is only accessible by authorized personnel and state of the art surveillance and round the clock security teams continuously patrol the perimeter and interior of the facility.
Lambda provides location-based hosting for those who require that their data remain in a specific country.