Premium Cloud Hosting
We’re Your Go To Cloud Moodle Hosting
Fast Deployment. Secure LMS Cloud. Amazing Performance.
Lambda Solutions’ managed Totara and Moodle hosting services offers unrivaled performance and exceptional value. In addition to fast response rates and ‘always on’ learning, you can also expect 24/7 managed Totara or Moodle hosting, and access to expert application support. What we’re most excited about, is that our Professional and Enterprise packages now include Zoola Analytics–Lambda’s Advanced Reporting & Analytics Solution.
Managed Fully, Completely
- Let us take care of servers, operating systems, applications, databases, security, backups and upgrades.
- We monitor, tune and scale the performance of your system to make sure it stays in the best possible shape to deliver courses, quizzes, lectures and videos.
- Ask us how! We provide guidance with our Totara Learn and Moodle application support.
Which level of managed cloud hosting service do you need?
|Active Users1||500 – 3,000||500 – 5,000||1,000+|
|Learning Management System||Moodle or Totara Learn||Moodle or Totara Learn||Moodle or Totara Learn|
|Packaged Community Plugins2||Starter||Starter + Complete||Starter + Complete + Add Your Own2|
|Add Custom Developed Plugins2|
|Access to Lambda Learning Space4|
Solar Search (Advanced)
Included in Moodle
Included in Moodle
Included in Moodle
|Upgrades||Included | Optional LTR5|
|Integration to Third-party Systems||API + Totara HR Import6||API + Totara HR Import + 4 Hours Setup6||API + Totara HR Import + 4 Hours Setup6|
|Single Sign-on (i.e. LDAP, SAML, etc.)||Add-on|
LRS (Learning Record Store) for xAPI / TinCan Data includes 50GB Storage (expandable)
LRS Zoola Connector
|Support||Email (Up to 5 Hours)||Email and Phone Unlimited||Email and Phone Unlimited + Priority Tickets + Dedicated Agent7 + VIP SLA|
|Virtual Classroom (Web Conference)||Add-on||Add-on||Add-on|
|eCommerce Course Storefront||Add-on||Add-on|
|Storage||10GB (Expandable)||100GB (Expandable)||150GB (Expandable)|
|Backups and Disaster Recovery||Daily, Stored 7 Days||Daily, Stored 7 Days||Every 12 Hours, Stored 15 days|
|Unique URL (Domain Name)|
|Access to Course Backups and File Repository|
|Staging Test Site (Periodic Refresh)8||1||1|
|Development Site (with GIT Repository)9||Add-on|
|Data Center Location||Canada or US||Canada or US or EU or AU||Canada or US or EU or AU|
Questions About the Hosting Plans?
All Plans Include:
- Unlimited Monthly Data Usage10
- 24/7/365 System monitoring with incident response
Learn More About Enterprise Plans:
Dedicated Cloud: A Lambda specially tuned environment for a single-tenant with an isolated network, compute and storage layers with no noisy neighbours that affect performance.
Top of the queue: Shorter First Reply time and Next Reply time
Priority Support Tickets: VIP support tickets are triaged first over regular support tickets
Dedicated Support Agent: A single point of contact for questions or problems.
- Site snapshots (backups) every 12 hours, stored for 15 days at a time.
- Staging Test Site: periodic refresh is when the site will be erased and replaced with a new copy of the production site in advance of a major upgrade or upon request up to a maximum of 4 additional times
- Optional Add-Ons:
- Development Site with GIT repository: For enterprises that want to deploy code to new and existing digital eLearning experiences, a development site that is connected to a GIT repository that will automatically rebuild upon a code push.9
- High Availability hosting: By default, hosting is designed to be durable and remove single points of failure—but what if something catastrophic happens? Our “High Availability” add-on keeps two copies of your site synced in different data centres within the same region, distributing the users visiting your site between the two copies. If one site goes down, the other takes up the slack. No more storing all your eggs in a single basket.
1. An Active User is an account (administrator, manager, instructor, learner, etc) that has logged in at least once within the service start and renewal date.
2. Plugins are installed by Lambda Solutions, only after successful validation of their compatibility with Moodle or Totara and a check of their security level. Lambda reserves the right to not install or remove plugins deemed as harmful, problematic, or unsupported. Additional plugins added to eligible packages require a Non-Packaged Plugin Installation and Upgrade Subscription (up to 5 plugins) which includes a plugin review, installation, evaluation to help determine compatibility with a newer version of Moodle/Totara, and upgrade of the plugin when new versions are released by the plugin maintainer.
3. Basic Plan Totara: Basis Theme Basic Plan Moodle: Boost, Moove | Professional and Enterprise Totara plans: Basis | Professional and Enterprise Moodle plans: Boost, Moove, and Essentials.
4 Implementation and training participants get continuous access to the online courses for Moodle and Totara Learn for just-in-time learning as well as live and recorded Master Classes provided through Lambda Learning Space (LLS). A one-time implementation phase is included with Professional and Enterprise packages and offered as a required one-time add-on for Basic Packages. Implementation is a series of virtual sessions delivered using web conferencing software by an LMS implementation expert.
5. LTR (Long Term Release) Lambda offers clients the option to stay on a supported version of Moodle or Totara that has been selected for a long-term release. Minor upgrades will be applied; however, major upgrades will be delayed until the LTR is no longer supported or if a client decides to move to the newest supported Moodle or Totara version Lambda Solutions offers.
6. Totara HR Import is a feature only available for Totara Learn.
7. A Dedicated Support Agent is a primary point of contact for ticket routing and communication. Secondary routing may occur to ensure tickets response times are met, specialized skills sets assigned, and/or if a dedicated agent is out of office.
8. Staging Test Site with periodic refresh are a copy of the production site intended for testing and review. The Staging Test Site will be erased and replaced with a new copy of the production site in advance of a major upgrade or upon request up to a maximum of 4 additional times for Enterprise packages. Staging Test Sites are trimmed to the last 6 months of data. Staging sites do not include an SLA.
9. Development sites do not include an SLA.
10. Data Usage is the outbound and inbound data transfer from the data-center hosting the LMS via the Internet to users browsing content residing on the LMS or uploading files from a user’s device to the LMS.
“Since Lambda has been taking care of Moodle hosting, we don’t have any directory synchronization issues between our users and the hosted site”
SHAH MURAD | Enterprise Systems Administrator, Langley School District 35
Reliable, Available, High Performance
Open for Learning 24/7/365
Let people learn when they want — anytime anywhere. Our dedicated database and server experts watch over our hosting infrastructure and make sure it never goes down. We use a monitoring and alert system to let our technical people know when problems might occur. Even if one server fails, another one immediately takes over in our fail-over program. We also ensure that assignments, quizzes, course materials and records, are backed-up daily so no one can lose their work.
Faster, Reliable Delivery of Large Files
Adding the Digital Media Library (DML) to your existing Moodle hosting plan will allow you to differentiate between how your Moodle is hosted and how the more media-heavy elements of your course are hosted. Your Moodle would still be hosted on our servers, via your choice of a shared, virtual or dedicated Moodle server. Your media, however, is hosted separately, using larger and more powerful super-servers. The result is an online course that is free of disruption for your learners and does not require a huge price tag in order to be hosted properly.
Increase Learner Productivity
Nothing is more frustrating than a hung screen, or a sluggish response. Keep learners happy by providing them with an environment that keeps up with their ability. Boost your learning system’s performance on our hosted platform. We continuously tune caches and shape bandwidth to make the user experience a pleasure. We also run on a fiber network that automatically switches traffic to open lines to prevent bottlenecks.
Reduce Capital Costs
Totara Managed hosting means you do not have to buy the servers or the IT expertise to run a Totara or Moodle implementation. We take the capital costs off your balance sheet.
Save Over Time
Maintaining application and hosting know-how in the face of continuous change, takes time and dedication. We have the resources to optimize our systems so that you don’t have to. Concentrate on creating great courses instead.
Our hosting and application support experts really know their stuff. You can count on us to resolve hosting problems promptly and to answer application questions knowledgeably. Our flexible, tiered support packages allow you to access the help you need when you need it.
Flexible and Expandable
Grow When You Need To
As your organization succeeds and needs room to expand, the Lambda Cloud will deliver. Our infrastructure is highly flexible, so when you are ready to grow, so are we. Spikes in activity, and growing numbers of employees or learners can be easily accommodated with our Elastic cloud hosting environment.
Support Mobile Learning
To accommodate the quickly popular mobile learning style, Lambda hosted Totara LMS and Moodle implementations support any device. So long as a participant has an internet connection, they can learn on the go. This supports the new ‘bring your own device’ approach to reducing capital costs, and allows you to avoid complicated ‘synchronization’ procedures that offline/online systems demand.
Gain the Benefit of New Features
Get the most from your Totara Learn and Moodle LMS. Not only do we include our reporting solution and packaged plugins, we also perform scheduled upgrades to keep your LMS up-to-date with new features that allow you to extend and improve the learning experience. You decide whether you want to participate, and we’ll test your existing system against the upgrade to let you know how it will affect existing courses.
Your learners and courses remain safe behind our firewall. Our intrusion detection and prevention systems turn potential threats away from the gate. Lambda’s LMS Cloud is only accessible by authorized personnel and state of the art surveillance and round the clock security teams continuously patrol the perimeter and interior of the facility.
Lambda provides location-based hosting for those who require that their data remain in a specific country.