System Administrator (Cloud) – Downtown Vancouver
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team in providing systems administration and support for systems deployed in both private and public clouds.
Lambda Solutions is a leading provider of Open Source e-Learning solutions based on the popular Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems. We provide Learning Intelligence, Managed Hosting and Professional Services to clients in Education, Corporate Training, Healthcare and Government. We are a young and dynamic organization that will put you in the driver seat and give you a chance to learn fast, and contribute to our growth and our brand.
NOTE: Position requires to carry a smartphone.
- Effectively monitor performance of systems and raise automation initiatives for improvement of enterprise applications in private and public cloud.
- Perform all operational and administrative activities for system management including diagnosing/troubleshooting complex problems.
- Identify and solve issues in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- On-call, smartphone notifications, first response monitor for website and batch problems on a rotating basis with other Operations personnel, on-call rate adjustment provided
- Must be able to communicate with customers and provide technical guidelines for application/integration development.
- Ability to multitask between site maintenance and project based initiatives.
- Administration and support of hardware and software at our primary office, private cloud and public cloud.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment.
- 3+ years administering LAMP stacks
- 3+ years experience managing RDBMS – MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with network file servers, RAID, SAN, NAS, CDN, and backups.
- Excellent network and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience deploying and monitoring systems in public clouds on Amazon AWS, Rackspace OpenStack, etc.
- Experience with scaling webservers, firewalls, and DNS setup.
- Experience with virtualization technologies in a production environment (VMware, Xen and VirtualBox).
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps practices
Nice to have:
- Experience with in-memory caching / storage systems, such as: Memcache, Redis.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms, such as: OpenStack, Eucalyptus.
- Experience scaling webservers with load balancers, and multiple databases.
- Experience with major open source CMS and LMS such as Moodle, Drupal…
- Familiarity with network hardware, standard network protocol principals and functions, setup of LAN and Mail servers.
- Knowledge of server monitoring applications.
- Experience with Windows administration in an Office environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
If you are looking for a challenging career and a competitive salary, please e-mail a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the Position Title in the Subject line of your email.