We are looking for an experienced Application Support Expert to help our clients make the most out of their Lambda Solutions experience. If you are looking for a challenge and are driven by curiosity and results, this will be the most rewarding job you have ever had.
About Lambda Solutions:
Lambda Solutions is a high-growth, learning and talent management hosting and solutions provider selected as a Ready to Rocket company two years in a row. Our premium, legendary SaaS offering is at the forefront of the online learning and corporate training evolution. We offer flexible hours, as we encourage our employees to lead balanced lives and understand that everyone’s individual needs differ. We have an amazing loft-style office near Gastown, and work with a driven, vivacious group of people.
- Provide ‘Level 1 and/or 2’ support services for customer support issues
- Escalate issues to ‘Level 3’ support according to procedures
- Effectively and expeditiously troubleshoot and diagnose application & network related issues within defined SLAs
- Coordinate with the development team on potential bug fixes to further improve the product
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Resolve cases and provide solutions to customers
- Follow best practices, specifically removing criticality first (possibly with roll-back or workaround), addressing long-term solutions second
- Manage a personal queue or backlog of open cases, ensuring SLAs are met, and customers are updated with appropriate timelines according to best practices
- Contribute to corporate knowledge by capturing best practices, either in documents, knowledge base items, or shared documents; developing best practices and documentation, whether procedural or technical
- Transfer knowledge to colleagues
- Report to Support Services Manager
- Two to three years application support experience
- Knowledge & proficiency with MySQL and Relational Databases
- Fluent English written and oral communication skills
- Well organized with a positive and results-oriented attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Comp.Sci Associate Degree or Degree
- Willingness to learn new technical skills
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please email a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada without sponsorship will be considered. No phone calls please.