- 2 MIN READ -
Moodle is the most widely used learning management system (LMS) in the world with 130 million users and counting! Moodle was built for the educational space and, while it is wonderful at what is does, it sometimes lacks the functionality needed for corporations. This is where Totara Learn really steps up to the plate!
How to find out if your organization needs Moodle or Totara?
Here is the list of things you should consider. Do you have a need for...
- Programs: sequenced courses with prerequisites
- Dashboards: multiple dashboards for different audiences, so learners only see what is relevant to them
- Audience-Based Visibility: courses that can be shown or hidden to different audiences
- Certifications: initial certification or the need to re-certify in a course or program
- Team Management: the ability to monitor team's learning and goals
If you answered "yes!" to one or more of these questions, Totara Learn may be a better fit for your organization than Moodle.
Totara Learn: Moodle's Corporate Cousin
Seen as "Moodle's Corporate Cousin", Totara Learn is a robust corporate LMS with the same core code as Moodle and extended functionalities. As Totara grows more into its own, it becomes increasingly feature-rich compared to Moodle.
Since Totara is based on Moodle’s core code, performing the migration can be simple. A good hosting provider has the expertise to ensure this can happen with minimal downtime to your end-users. Working with a Totara Platinum Partner such as Lambda Solutions can ensure that your cloud based LMS is in the hands of the experts.
We want to talk to you if you’re looking for reliable Totara hosting and support, if you need customization and consulting for your existing system or, if you need a solution with robust reporting capabilities for your LMS. Our solutions combine a choice of robust hosting platforms, seamless integration with your enterprise applications and friendly, easy to access support.