- 3 MIN READ -
If you’re using the Moodle learning management system (LMS), you’ve discovered how powerful it is for job skills training. But if that’s all you’re using it for, you’re missing out on opportunities to maximize nearly every area of your business operations.
Moodle’s flexibility and powerful features make it a valuable tool to improve your company’s productivity and the overall growth of your organization. Let’s explore three ways you can adapt Moodle to maximize your company’s operations.
1. Hiring and Interviewing with Moodle LMS
For many companies, hiring and interviewing is a paper-heavy process that requires a lot of manual work. But you can streamline your hiring by moving it into Moodle and using the learning management system as an electronic hub. Here’s how:
- Create an assignment in Moodle and instruct applicants to submit resumes and cover letters. Forms can be uploaded and dropped into the assignment module.
- Create a basic competency test with multiple-choice and essay questions to test knowledge and skills.
- Use Moodle’s Face-to-Face module to conduct the first round of interviews. Set these up with conditional access so that only those candidates who make it through the interview process will have access.
- Create forums with resources for key decision makers in the hiring process.
2. Creating Virtual Communities
Communities of practice (COPs) are informal groups of people within the business community that have common goals and interests. These groups work together to teach each other and learn from one another. Members have a shared passion, or concern about a certain topic, and they work collectively to reach their goals.
Communities of practice are designed to complement the formal training you offer. They reflect the informal “water cooler” training of your organization. If you’re talking about a difficulty with an application, someone else can jump in with a tip or solution. COPs can provide their members with extra help, best practices, ideas for innovation, or additional knowledge that they wouldn’t gain through formal eLearning modules.
Establishing a COP can be a valuable tool to propel your organization into creative spheres. Within Moodle LMS, we recommend following these steps to create a community of practice:
- Create and manage a wiki.
- Create a collaborative glossary to develop a shared vocabulary.
- Set up a database to manage an annotated bibliography.
- Set a Community Moderator role for a self-moderating community with minimal administration.
- Enable an RSS feed to optimize communication.
3. Launching Products and Services with Moodle
In today’s business world, products and services are updated or modified at an ever-increasing rate. Product knowledge training can’t be a one-time event, but should be an ongoing education initiative. The training will change as new clients emerge, new features are developed, or new knowledge is discovered.
Few organizations execute well on this, and it negatively impacts their overall business operations. It’s important to give employees the right resources and learning opportunities, and Moodle has several tools to help you do this.
Training for product and services launches is essentially an eLearning course, but it will focus on product knowledge. A few ways you can do this include:
- Creating product launch glossaries.
- Creating product knowledge quizzes and assessments.
- Integrating slide decks, videos, and other content that explain elements of successful product launches.
Maximize Your Company’s Operations
The Moodle LMS is adaptable and flexible enough to help you improve virtually every area of your business operations, and to make better business decisions. While your organization will certainly get great value out of your LMS from traditional skill development, you can unleash the power of Moodle to impact every corner of your company’s operations.
Download our Complete User Guide on Advanced Moodle Features as our experts walk you through the features in Moodle to gain insight for your organization. We also discuss how to get even more advanced reporting and create dazzling, visual dashboards!