Using Open Education Resources with Moodle
There is a trend in many things to go “open” – open source software, open data, and even open education resources, textbooks, and courseware. On June 19, Lambda Solutions hosted a webinar featuring guest speaker, Clint Lalonde of BCcampus, who is managing a BCcampus project to have 40 free and openly licensed textbooks for the most common first and second year post-secondary courses.
This “half hour how to Moodle” covered:
- What is the value of “open”?
- Where we can find open education resources?
- Details of BCcampus’ open textbook project.
- Examples of Moodle using open resources.
- How-to implement open resources in Moodle
Want to learn more about how you can leverage open education to power up your Moodle site? Review Clint’s slides and Chad’s recording.