Lead Software Engineer – Downtown Vancouver
We are looking for highly motivated and capable Lead Software Engineer; this is your opportunity to lead a team where you can show your knowledge and experience in a variety of areas.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Engineer/Developer/Hacker role
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and testing modern web applications on PHP stack based on a MVC frameworks like Symfony/Laravel/etc
- Proficiency in Java/Tomcat/Spring framework
- Understanding of specifics of Cloud native applications running on AWS or similar providers
- Good knowledge of relational databases like MySQL and familiarity with NoSQL technologies like Memcached/Redis/MongoDB etc
Team Leadership Qualifications:
- Team player with a customer service orientation
- Be able to talk coherently about any process methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean etc
- Desire to motivate, facilitate and mentor team peers
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain technical decisions
- Be able to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
Non Mandatory Qualifications:
- Experience with open source software such as Moodle/WordPress/Drupal would be an asset
- Experience with any Business Intelligence suites or Big Data environments such as Hadoop stack
- Experience working with SaaS products with continuous delivery of features
- Experience working with remote teams
- Design, test, implement and ship application components
- Establish and enforce technical practices
- Perform periodical code reviews, maintain technical excellence
- Hold regular one on one meetings with team members
- Ensure team delivers on time and technical obstacles are addressed
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Communicate team status, task accomplishment, and direction
- Work closely with product management division
About Lambda Solutions
Lambda Solutions is a learning management expert that provides learning solutions and Analytics in the Cloud. We are proven Moodle and Totara Open Source Learning Management Systems partner with extensive knowledge how to deliver learning to Education, Government and Corporate sectors. We are a young and dynamic team that will give you a chance to learn and make a significant impact. We provide services for companies like Four Seasons Hotels, TOMS Shoes America, ICBC, Kodak Alaris, WIND Mobile and others. Check out our technology stack http://stackshare.io/lambda-solutions.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, then please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada w/o sponsorship will be considered. No phone calls please.
Don’t forget to send us a link to a contribution you’ve made to an open source project or a piece of your writing about technologies/tools/interests you passionated about.