This article demonstrates how to successfully prepare your Lambda Learn Programs for sale in the Lambda Store website.
- Step 1: Creating Courses for Your Program
- Step 2: Creating a Program
- Step 3: Course Enrolments
- Step 4: Synchronizing into the Lambda Store
- Step 5: Setting Up Your Product
- Step 6: Testing on the Front End
Step 1: Creating Courses for Your Program
This section will focus on the basics of creating a course, and only highlights the necessary settings for synchronising your courses as a program. Click here to learn more about creating a course.
To create a basic course:
1. Navigate to the Course and Category Management page by going to Site Administration > Courses and Categories.
2. Click on the Create New Course link.
3. Expand the General Section and configure the following settings.
Enter a Course Full Name and Course Short Name in the corresponding fields.
When entering a Course Start Date and Course End Date, ensure that these dates are active. This can be done by either ensuring that the Course End Date is set in the future, or that it is Disabled entirely.
4. Configure any other necessary course settings. Once you are complete, click either Save and Return or Save and Display at the bottom of the page.
You can then create all of the courses needed to complete your program.
Step 2: Creating a Program
This section will focus on the basics of creating a program, and only highlights the necessary settings for synchronising your program into the Lambda Store. Click here to learn more about creating a program.
To create a basic program:
1. Navigate to the Manage Programs page by going to Site Administration > Programs.
2. Click on the Add a New Program button.
3. Expand the Program Details section, and configure the following settings.
Enter a Program Full Name and Program Short Name in the corresponding fields.
When entering an Available From and an Available Until date, ensure that these dates are active. This can be done by ensuring that the Available Until date is set in the future, or that it is Disabled entirely.
4. Expand the Appearance Section, and configure the following settings.
Using the Image Upload box, upload an appropriate program image. This image will be used as the primary image in the Lambda Store, with the option to add additional images once the program is synchronised into the Store
5. Configure any other necessary program settings. Once you are complete, click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Adding Courses to Your Program
To add courses to your program:
1. Navigate to the Program Administration page of your new program.
2. Click on the Content Tab.
3. Using the 'Add a New' drop-down menu, select whether you would like to add a set of courses or a recurring course to your program. Once this has been selected, click the Add button.
4. Configure the corresponding settings, and click OK at the bottom of the page. If you would like to create more content for your program, click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
5. Once you are complete, click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Course Enrolments
To ensure that learners from the Lambda Store are enrolled into your program, you must have both the Lambda Store enrolment method and the Program enrolment method enabled for all of the courses in your program.
To view enrolment methods:
1. On your desired course homepage, navigate to Users > enrolment Methods using the Course Administration menu.
2. Ensure that both the Lambda Store enrolment method and the Program enrolment method are enabled by setting both Hide/View icons to enabled.
Repeat this process for all of the courses within your program.
If neither enrolment method is listed on the page, then please contact the Lambda Support team.
Step 4: Synchronizing into the Lambda Store
This section will focus on the basics of synchronising a program into the Lambda Store. Click here to learn more about the Synchronization process.
Once you have created your program on Lambda Learn, you can now synchronize it into your Lambda Store.
1. On the Lambda Store admin panel, navigate to Catalog > Synchronize with Lambda Learn to access the Synchronization Options page.
2. Review the course options that you would like to synchronize and that you would like to ignore, and then click Review Changes. If you would like to reset the options to their original settings, click Reset Options.
3. The Synchronization Review page will show you all of the synchronization updates that will occur. If you are satisfied with these updates, click Apply Changes.
4. Once the synchronization is complete, you will be redirected to the Applied Changes page, which lists all of the synchronization updates - including the synchronization of your program into your website.
Step 5: Setting Up Your Product
After synchronizing into the Store, the program becomes a product that must be prepared for sale.
1. On the Lambda Store admin panel, navigate to Catalog > Products to access the Products page.
2. Find the program on the grid, and click Edit under the Action column. This will redirect you to the program's Product Editing page.
3. If necessary, enter a new Product Name and SKU for your program.
4. Adjust the individual Price of your program. The admin panel creates a default price when your Store is set up by the Lambda Team. However, you may need to update this final price.
5. Adjust the Quantity of your program. The quantity refers to the number of seats in a program that are available to purchase on your website. The default setting is empty, so you must add a quantity to ensure that it is Available to Purchase.
6. When your program has available seats, set the Stock Status to 'In Stock' so that it can be visible from the website. Otherwise, set it to 'Out of Stock.' When the quantity reaches zero, the Stock Status automatically defaults to 'Out of Stock.'
If you have your Inventory Settings turned off, then you do not need to configure your course's Quantity and Stock Status settings.
8. Scroll down and expand the Images and Video section. This section allows you to upload promotional program images and videos.
Upload your image into the Add Image box. You can click on the image icon to upload an image from your files. You can also drag an image into the box to upload it. You can upload multiple images onto the same program.
If you would like to upload a promotional program video, then click the Add Video button on the right-hand size of the screen.
Adding the right images and videos can help attract customers and boost your sales. Click here if you would like to learn more about enhancing product descriptions on the Lambda Store.
9. Scroll down and expand the Enrolment Settings section. This section is mandatory for all products, and allows you to determine the enrolment dates for courses and virtual products.
10. Expand the Enrolment Start section. Select an appropriate option from the Start Type drop-down menu and configure any corresponding settings.
Open: Allows learners to be immediately enrolled once they have purchased the program.
Fixed Date: Sets a fixed date that learners must wait until to be enrolled into the program.
Relative to Purchase/Assignment Date: Sets a period of time after purchase that learners must wait until to be enrolled into the program.
11. Expand the Enrolment End section. Select an appropriate option from the End Type drop-down menu and configure any corresponding settings.
Unlimited: Allows learners to take as long as necessary to complete a program.
Fixed Date: Sets a fixed date that learners will no longer have access to the program. Every learner purchasing this program will have the same fixed date.
Relative to Start Date: Sets a period of time after starting the program that learners will no longer have access to the program.
If you would like the customer to have unlimited access to the program once they have completed it, then set Unlimited Upon Completion to Yes. Otherwise, set it to No.
12. Once you are complete, click Save.
Step 6: Testing on the Front End
Before making your program available on the Lambda Store, we recommend that you initially conduct some testing to ensure that learners can access the program and all of its corresponding courses.
Verify that the Product is Visible
1. Ensure that all of the courses in your program have the correct enrolment methods enabled.
2. Ensure that you have configured the product settings correctly.
If you would like to set your product's enrolment start settings to either a Fixed Date or Relative to Purchase/Assignment Date, then initially set it to Open for testing purposes.
Making a Test Purchase and Launching Embedded Courses
1. Using a test user account, navigate to your program's corresponding product page on the Store.
2. Purchase your product from the store using the test credentials provided to you by your payment gateway.
3. After you have successfully purchased your program, click on the Go To Course button to access the program embedded view.
4. On the program embedded view, click on the Launch Course button for each of your courses.
5. Ensure that your test user account is enrolled in each course, and that all course contents are visible and accessible.
6. Once you are complete, you can delete the test user account if necessary. Your program can now be successfully purchased by learners on your Lambda Store website.