Lambda Suite (v. 22.214.171.124) summary of improvements and enhancements.
About This Release
The Lambda Suite is specifically designed to help you sell more eLearning, and this release is another step towards helping you maximize your revenue.
Login as Customer
You can now log into the Lambda Suite as your customers to instantly see their view and hep them troubleshoot any issues.
Customer Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Either as a required login option for everyone or allowing individual users to enable two-factor authentication, your users will have a greater sense of security knowing their information is protected.
This feature will only work if you have an accompanying Twilio account.
The Lambda Store will provide an option for you to sell your certifications. Certifications facilitate the creation of a pathway for learning by acting as a container for a set of courses. Certifications are also only valid for a certain amount of time, after which they will prompt learners to recertify.
This feature will only work if Certifications are included in your plan.
Products can now be configured with purchasing rules to offer you better control over when users can purchase you products. The three "rules" options include defining prerequisites (e.g. they must purchase the Introduction course before they can purchase the Advanced course), equivalencies (e.g. they cannot buy the English course if they have purchased the French course), and preventing duplicates (e.g. they have already purchased a course, and thus cannot purchase it again).
Products that are linked to Courses and are sold with a valid Enrolment End Date can be configured to also offer course extensions that allow your users to purchase more time. Configurable options also allow you to decide when your users can purchase extensions, how often, how much more time they can purchase, and how much those extensions cost.
We have added an option for you to choose Square for your credit card processing, with full support for payments, refunds, voids, and cancellations.
You can now create surveys to learn more about your customer base. Trigger the survey for existing, returning customers who have just logged in, successfully purchased a product, or recently completed a course. Design your own survey, choosing from a variety of question types including text, multiple choice, rating, and more.
Extend your customer or company profile by adding your own custom attributes (fields). Choose from a variety of field types including text, drop-down, dates, and more. Custom attributes can be visible on the My Account and/or Checkout pages. They can also be editable by customers on their Account Information page.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance (or not) of the Marketing terms does not affect students' ability to create an account or receive transactional emails (i.e. order notifications). Additionally, there is text at the bottom of the Create Account page that indicates they are agreeing to your Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice.
You can enable (per product) the option for students to cancel a course purchase and receive a refund. You can configure the availability of this option with a certain number of days, and any applicable administrative fees to be subtracted from the refunded amount.
Create new orders for your customers when they are unable to pay by credit card, and you will collect your payment offline (by cash or cheque). This method is only available to Administrators, so that you can push more payments using a priority online (credit card) method. You can choose to enroll customers before or after the payment is received.
The Store now has an option to create contract pricing, with learners being able to apply special codes to see previously negotiated pricing. Contract codes are shared with your client, who can then share it with their learners. Learners will then apply the contract code and see a collated list of contract products with special pricing. The contract can dictate whether the learner pays for the product on their own, or if you will summarize all the contract usage and send your client an invoice.
In Store Pickup
For physical goods (simple products), there is a new shopping/delivery method - In Store Pickup. When distance permits, allow your customers to choose at their convenience whether to have the product shipped to them, or allow them to pick it up themselves from your location (store). Once an order is ready for pickup, you can send your customer an email notification.
Order & Credit Memo Approvals
Use an approval workflow for manually created "Custom Price" orders or Credit Memos that exceed certain thresholds. One team can create the requests to offer a custom price for an order, or to issue a credit memo (refund) and another team can review and approve or reject the requests to complete the process.
New Course Statuses
Course statuses shown on Lambda Store now have the context to whether the course has been passed or failed. So, valid course completion statuses are now Complete (not passed or failed), Passed (complete and achieved passing grade), or Failed (complete and not achieved a passing grade). All course statuses can be used in Course Extensions and Purchasing Rules settings.
Added, Improved, Updated, and Resolved
- Added an option to generate a random Student Number that is associated with a user's profile. The user can then log in with their email address or student number.
- Added an option to disable the user from being able to change their email address.
- Added an option to enable a Social Insurance Number (Canada) if necessary.
- Added an option to delete Lambda Store Enrollment for a specific learner.
- Added an option to determine whether credit memos unenroll learners or suspends their enrolment.
- Added General Ledger (GL) Codes to the product.
- Added audit logs to Lambda Store so you can see what actions your administrators and learners have taken.
- Added options to add to the Create Account page such as your own banner, header text, and extra information text on the right side of the page.
- Added an option for you to show the learner’s progress inside a Course to make it easier for them to track their progress.
- Added password strength requirements and indicator on the Create Account page to help the learner know if they have a strong enough password.
- Added an option for the Company Admin to remove a learner from a company or re-assign a learner to another company.
- Added Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 as a single sign-on (SSO) option for Lambda Learn. Learners are able to sign-in using the credentials from your Identity Provider (IDP) and if required it will create their account including mapping profile data from the IDP.
- Added OpenID Connect as a single sign-on (SSO) option for Lambda Learn. Learners are able to sign in using the credentials from your Identity Provider (IDP), including Azure Active Directory for Microsoft Office 365, and if required it will create their account including mapping profile data from the IDP.
- Improved the company profile with an option to assign a company to a specific store (or stores), and capture the name and contact details for a key contact.
- Updated the design of the header in Lambda Store to better modernize the experience.
- Updated the user profile information that is synchronized between the Store and Learn.
- Updated the French language pack with more translations.
- Updated underlying technology to provide a faster, more responsive experience for users.
- Resolved the Authorize.net integration to support Credit Memos.
- Resolved the issue with users changing their email address and not being able to see their enrolled learning.
- Resolved the issue where the Euro € symbol was being shown instead of the Canadian Dollar $ symbol.
- Resolved the issue where Credit Memo items were not shown on the Credit Memo Email Template.
- Resolved an issue where assigning courses to learners with special characters in their email address (e.g., email@example.com) would show an error message.
- Resolved an issue where in some cases the learner was not able to place and order and see their order receipt.
- Improved overall site performance, specifically the time to get from product to checkout.
- Improved quality with minor user interface improvements, fixed bugs, and general performance improvements to make the solution even better for you.
- Updated internal controls related to Lambda's ISO27001 certification related to safeguarding your data and systems.
- Resolved security vulnerabilities that help close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities. No confirmed attacks related to these issues have occurred to date.
- Upgraded database technology to cloud-native technologies that offer considerable performance improvements, higher credibility, and a storage system that auto-scales up as you need more space.
- Updated the load detecting and balancing technologies and cloud-based storage service with AWS High Availability and Scalability services to scale your site automatically as needed, so that you have a dynamic response to your busy times to ensure similar performance during slow and peak times.
- Updated underlying software packages (e.g. PHP, Elasticsearch) to ensure the highest performance and security.