Lambda Store (v. 22.214.171.124) summary of improvements and enhancements.
About This Release
This release packs a series of efficiency and feature-driven changes that are now available for the Store Administrator and their Customers (Learners). From easy synchronization of products and courses to making products available for select groups of customers to Google Analytics integration and user experience changes for the product page and order success page - this release has it all!
Synchronization Between Store and Learn
Pulling-in course changes from Lambda Learn to the Store website was previously a single-stage process, and the Store Administrator did not have any control over the fields they did not want to synchronize or products they wanted to leave out of synchronization for. Recognizing the different permutations which a Store Administrator might want to consider before synchronizing changes from Lambda Learn to Lambda Store, there is now a series of settings that give the Store Administrator greater control while merging changes. Here is what we have done:
- Under Stores > Configuration, the Store Administrator can set default values for synchronization for products and categories to set the preferences that they want in the fields that will be synchronized. These can be changed at any point.
- Under Catalog > Synchronize with Lambda Learn, the Store Administrator will first see all the fields that are subject to synchronization and here, has the ability to decide, once again, if they want the fields synchronized or not. Post this step, the Admin will be able to “review changes” that will be made and if all is acceptable, apply those changes to the Store.
Note: Should the Store Administrator think appropriate, in reviewing the changes, they can also revert to default settings for synchronization that they had set in the configuration tab.
Group-Based Visibility for Products and Courses
Viewing details of products can be subject to restrictions of being a part of a category of customers. The Store Administrator can now set a product to be visible to only a particular company/companies’ customers.
- Within each product is a setting to select the company/companies that fall within the visibility criterion as per the Store Administrator.
Note: There is, of course, the simple option of leaving the product visible to all, should the Store Administrator want to retain that.
With this setting for each product, the Store Administrator can control when and for how long, a learner can be enrolled in a course and what will be the status of the availability of the contents of the course, once it is completed. This makes it easy for the Store Administrator to monitor courses.
- Store Administrator setting - There are 3 options available when setting enrollment start and end dates:
- Open (learners can start and end whenever they want to, after purchase)
- Fixed date (the administrator can assign dates that bind the learner to start and complete the course within the specified dates)
- Relative to purchase/assignment (this start and/or end date is based on the number of days from the purchase/assignment of courses that the store admin wants to set to give access to the course to the learner).
All 3 options can be used in 9 different permutations (for example, fixed start date, relative-to-purchase end date) as the preference of the administrator goes.
- Learner view - Once the course is purchased, the learner will see the start date and end date for the course purchased and is liable to finish the course in these bounds. The status for the course is also visible.
Note: The Store Administrator can make the contents of the course available for unlimited time after the learner has completed the course. This is a setting within the enrollments settings.
This feature is designed to allow Store Administrator to design, build, and even complete the synchronization for courses and categories onto the Store and only make them available whenever they want to, or within defined dates of their choice. For example, the course may be ready, however they only want the course to be available for sale between certain dates. This feature allows them to automate the visibility between these defined dates.
1. Under Catalog > Products, we find that while editing each of the products, there is a Product Availability setting visible. If this is left unchecked, the product will be available on the Store. Should this be filled for either date (start or end) or both dates, those dates will be applicable for the product.
There are a bunch of exciting user experience changes that we have completed to make sure that the Learner’s purchase journey is intuitive at every step. In order to make the eCommerce process such, here is what we have updated:
1. The Product Page: the product page has been revamped from its original design with considerably limited options to a full-fledged functionally loaded page. The page includes a restructuring of product contents and details, format changes in its title and positioning of thumbnails, add to cart area and reviews and details. It also includes a new feature - Buy Now - designed to shorten the buying process for the Learner so that they can immediately move to starting their course without the entanglement of several steps of purchasing. Clicking Buy Now for any product will print these details onto a pop-up and confirming this leads directly to the Order Success page.
Note: Should the Learner feel the need to change the payment method or address for a purchase and has still clicked Buy Now, there is an option to Edit Details visible to the learner so that they are not forced to Cancel or Buy the order. Clicking the Edit Details button will lead to the original checkout page where all the options for purchase are visible.
2. The Order Success Page: In order to make the process of purchasing and then the shift to learning more seamless, the Order Success Page was redesigned to show a quick summary of the, the name, price and some details of the products and courses purchased, and the ability to Go To Course which will direct them to the course pages or Assign Courses (should they be purchased on behalf of others) right from the Order Success Page. There is a convenient, customizable column created to allow Store Administrators to fill-in any text/video information that they would like the learner to review, after an order.
Note: Underway is a carousel for “Continue Shopping”- which will suggest the Learner to pick from more courses or products, based on their buying preferences or general site traffic.
Added, Improved, and Updated
- Added an option to email Customers upon successful enrollment. This would be triggered by a purchase or a product assignment when it has been purchased on behalf of others.
- Added an option to enable the “Purchase on behalf of” feature for all Customers, just Company Admins, or to completely disable the feature.
- Added detail to the Orders and Invoice page for the Store Administrator to see whether the Order was placed by the Customer for themselves or by the Customer on behalf of others.
- Added Google Analytics integration to monitor Store traffic with details such as geographical location or visitors, time and duration of Store visits and conversion rates and more. The Google Analytics integration is a key aspect in bringing together Store insights to the Store Administrator.
- Added support for Google reCAPTCHA version 3. With reCAPTCHA V2 , customers get a challenge to solve captcha. With reCAPTCHA V3, customers do not get a challenge. Instead, it generates a probability score based on their web browsing behavior and will allow them to access the page without solving the challenge if their score is high enough.
- Added Adobe Stock images integration. This allows the Store Administrator to access high quality images that can be used to improve the overall design of their web pages.
- Custom template for emails upon order completion and account creation - an email is sent to a new customer when they create an account or an account is created for them, when a course/product is purchased and upon successful course enrollment, activity unlock, program assignment.
- Improved logging to ensure a quick resolution of the potential issues.
- Improved overall site performance to deliver faster page loads and a more responsive website.
- Updated Course backups to restore Store Enrollment data in Lambda Learn.
- Updated Stripe integration. Products can now be sold with a subscription model. The update also includes fixes to address a security vulnerability.
- Updated Salesforce.com integration with an enable/disable option.
- Updated “purchase on behalf” feature for only virtual products.