This article will demonstrate how to install the Webex Education Connector into your Learn site.
- Step 1: Site Configuration
- Step 2: Creating the Webex Web Service
- Step 3: Creating the Webex Web Token
- Step 4: Configuring the Webex Education Connector
- Step 5: Creating an External Tool Activity
- Adding the Webex Education Connector Activity to a Course
As of 30 November, 2021, using the Webex Educator Connector on your Lambda Learn site will require a paid plan from Webex.
Step 1: Site Configuration
Before completing the appropriate site configuration settings, please ensure that both web services and REST protocol are enabled. Click here for more information about using web services on Lambda Learn.
Please ensure that your Webex website is also properly configured. Click here for more information.
Step 2: Creating the Webex Web Service
1. On the Lambda Learn homepage, navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > External Services.
2. Under the Custom Services table, click Add.
3. Expand the External Services section, and configure the following settings.
Enter an appropriate Name for your web service, and enter "cisco_webex_app" for the Short Name. Then, select the Enabled checkbox, and select whether Authorized Users [can] Only create web tokens.
4. Once you are complete, click Add Service.
5. Click the Add Functions link, and select the following functions:
Once you are complete, click Add Function.
Step 3: Creating the Webex Web Token
1. On the Lambda Learn homepage, navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Manage Tokens.
2. Click the Add link.
3. Expand the Token section, and configure the following settings.
Select the User that will use the token, and select Webex from the Service drop-down menu.
4. Once you are complete, click Save Changes.
The token will be immediately generated, which will need to be copied before the page is closed as it will not be shown again.
Step 4: Configuring the Webex Education Connector
To configure the Webex Education Connector, follow these steps under the Configure the Webex Education Connector section on the Webex documentation page.
Step 5: Creating an External Tool Activity
1. On the Lambda Learn homepage, navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > External Tools > Manage Tools.
2. On the Manage Tools page, click Manage Preconfigured Tools. Then, click Add Preconfigured Tool.
3. Expand the Tool Setting section, and configure the follow settings.
Enter an appropriate Tool Name, like Webex, and enter "https://lti.educonnector.io/launches" into the Tool URL.
If necessary, enter a Tool Description.
Enter your Webex Consumer Key and Shared Secret into the corresponding fields.
Leave the Custom Parameters field empty.
Using the Tool Configuration Usage drop-down menu, select Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool.
Using the Default Launch Container drop-down menu, select Embed, without blocks.
4. If necessary, expand the Privacy and/or Miscellaneous sections, and configure their corresponding settings.
5. Once you are complete, click Save Changes.
Adding the Webex Education Connector Activity to a Course
1. On your desired course homepage, click Turn Editing On.
2. Create or select an appropriate Activity block, and click the 'Add an Activity or Resource' link.
3. Select the External Tool option from the Activity section and click Add at the bottom of the page.
4. Expand the General Section, and configure the following settings.
Enter "Webex Education Connector" into the Activity Name field.
Using the Preconfigured Tool drop-down menu, select the Webex Connector tool.
5. Expand the Privacy Section, and enable Share launcher's name with the tool, Share launcher's email with the tool, and Accept grades from the tool.
6. Once you are complete, click either Save and Return to Course or Save and Display at the bottom of the page.
Authorizing the Webex Education Connector
To authorize the Webex Education Connector, follow these steps under the Authorize the Webex Education Connector section on the Webex documentation page.