This article focuses on creating and adding a simple product to your Lambda Store website.
Simple Product Overview
A simple product is a physical item with a simple SKU, and is the most basic form of all products. A simple product can be sold individually, or under grouped, bundle, or configurable products.
Creating a Simple Product
1. On the Lambda Store Admin panel, click Catalog > Products to access the Products page.
2. On the products page, click Add Product directly to create a new simple product.
3. Enter the Product Name in the corresponding field.
4. Your Lambda Store will automatically generate an SKU based on your product name. In necessary, you are free to manually enter another SKU.
5. Enter an appropriate Price for your product.
6. Set the tax class to None or Taxable Goods, depending on the product you are selling.
7. Enter the Quantity of your product that is available for sale.
8. Set your product as 'In Stock' to show that it is available for sale on the website. When the quantity is empty or zero, the stock status defaults to out of stock.
9. If necessary, select 'This item has weight' on the corresponding drop-down menu, and enter the product's weight.
10. The default visibility setting, 'Catalog, Search', allows the product to be accessed through viewing the catalog or using the search panel. You can keep this default setting, or individually select 'Catalog,' 'Search,' or 'Not Visible Individually.'
Setting your product visibility to Not Visible Individually will result in your product not being accessible unless it is part of a bundle or combined product. If you would like to 'hide' your course, then set Visibility to Search, or add it to a hidden Catalog.
11. In the corresponding drop-down menu, select the categories applicable to your product and click Done. If you would like to create a new category for your product, click the New Category button.
12. If necessary, select a Country of Manufacture for your product.
13. Scroll down and expand the Enrolment Settings section. This section is mandatory for all products, allows you to determine the enrolment dates for courses and virtual products.
14. Expand the Enrolment Start section. Because simple products are often tangible products with no enrolment dates, you can select Open on the Start Type drop-down menu.
15. Expand the Enrolment End section, and select Unlimited on the End Type drop-down menu.
16. Once you are complete, click Save.
You can preview your product from the Customer View on the Admin menu on the top-right corner of the page to ensure that your product page is entirely ready.