This article focuses on creating and adding a bundle product your Lambda Store website.
Bundle Product Overview
A bundle product allows customers to build their own product from an assortment of options. The bundle could be a combination of textbooks, webinars, or anything that can be customized. Bundled products incentivize customers to purchase packaged products.
Unlike grouped products, configurable products can be included under a bundle product.
Creating a Bundle Product
1. On the Lambda Store Admin panel, click Catalog > Products to access the Products page.
2. On the products page, click on the drop down arrow beside Add Product and select Bundle Product.
3. Enter a Product Name in the corresponding field.
4. Your Lambda Store will automatically generate an SKU based on your product name. In necessary, you are free to manually enter another SKU.
5. Set the Dynamic SKU to Yes or No.
Yes: Allows a dynamic SKU to be assigned to each bundle item, which adds a suffix to the default SKU.
No: Allows a unique SKU to be assigned to each bundle item.
6. Set the Dynamic Price to Yes or No
Yes: Allows the customer to select pricing options for each bundle. This disables the Price and Tax Class fields in the required settings.
No: Allows the bundle to be sold under a fixed price, which can be entered in the price field.
If you would like to create promotional pricing for each of your bundle products, set Dynamic Pricing to No and enter a Price of $0.00. You can then edit individual product prices to add your desired discounts.
7. Set your product as In Stock to show that it is available for sale on the website. When the quantity is empty or zero, the stock status defaults to out of stock.
8. The default visibility setting, 'Catalog, Search', allows the product to be accessed through viewing the catalog or using the search panel. You can keep this default setting, or select 'Catalog,' 'Search,' or 'Not Visible Individually' in the drop-down menu.
Setting your product visibility to Not Visible Individually will result in your product not being accessible unless it is part of a bundle or combined product. If you would like to 'hide' your course, then set Visibility to Search, or add it to a hidden Catalog.
9. In the corresponding drop-down menu, select the categories applicable to your product and click Done. If you would like to create a new category for your product, click the New Category button.
10. Scroll down and expand the Bundle Items section. Select whether to ship items Together or Separate[ly].
11. Click on Add Options to create your first selectable product option.
Enter an Option Title and select the Input Type. Then, click Add Products to Options to create a selectable option for your bundle.
Select the products you would like to include in this option, and click Add Selected Products.
14. After adding products to your option, choose an item to be the default selection and select its corresponding "Is Default" box.
If you have Dynamic Pricing turned off, you can then edit each individual product price.
Input the Default Quantity of a product, which will appear in the quantity field when the option is selected. If you have the Drop-Down or Radio input type select, you can provide customers the option to change the quantity of an individual bundle item by checking the User Defined checkbox.
If you would like to delete an item, click on its corresponding Delete icon. If you would like to add more items to an existing option, click Add Products to Option.
15. If you would like to add more options to your bundle, click Add Option.
Creating separate options for required products, with the required product being the only product within that option, will ensure that they cannot be deselected.
16. Scroll down and expand the Enrolment Settings section. This section is mandatory for all products, allows you to determine the enrollment dates for courses and virtual products.
17. Expand the Enrolment Start section, and select Open on the Start Type drop-down menu.
18. Expand the Enrolment End section, and select Unlimited on the End Type drop-down menu.
19. Once you are complete, click Save.
You can preview your product from the Customer View on the Admin menu on the top-right corner of the page to ensure that your product page is entirely ready.