This article describes how to enable the Cancellation & Refund option for courses.
Introduction to Cancellation & Refunds
With the Cancellation & Refunds feature, learners can now easily cancel a course that they are currently enrolled in, and receive a refund if they do so within a specified period of time. Enabling this feature will also allow you to collect an Administration Fee from learners choosing to cancel.
Learners can cancel their course by navigating to Cancel Course on their My Account page. Once they click Cancel and Refund, learners will also be prompted to provide a reason for their cancellation.
Configuring the Cancellation & Refund Feature
When configuring the Cancellation & Refund feature for your Suite, you can determine the following:
- The Terms & Conditions that appear once a learner prompts to cancel their course.
- The default Number of Days after purchase that a learner can receive a refund. This is currently set to 15 days.
- The default Administration Fee. This is currently set to 75.
If you would like to edit your Cancellation & Refund settings, please contact the Lambda Support team.
Adding the Cancellation & Refund Option
This article will focus on the basics of creating a virtual product, and only highlights the necessary settings for course extensions. Click here to learn more about creating a virtual product.
1. On the Lambda Store Admin panel, click Catalog > Products to access the Products page.
2. On the products page, find your desired virtual product and click on Edit.
3. Enter the Product Name in the corresponding field.
4. Enter an appropriate Price for your product.
5. Scroll down and expand the Cancellation and Refund section. Then, enable the Is Product Available for Cancellation and Refund option.
Enter the Number of Days Eligible of Refund in the corresponding field. If learners were to cancel their course after the eligibility period, they can only cancel their course but will not receive a refund amount.
Enter an appropriate Administration Fee for learners to pay if they decide to cancel a course. This Administration Fee will be taken out of the original course price.
6. Once you are complete, click Save.