Instructional Designer – Downtown Vancouver
We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer who is ready to move to the next level. If you enjoy a challenge and are driven by curiosity and results, this will be the most rewarding job that you have ever had.
Lambda Solutions is a leading provider of open source e-Learning solutions based on the popular Moodle and Totara learning management systems. We are a young and dynamic organization that will put you in the driver seat and give you a chance to learn fast, contribute to our growth, and make a big impact.
Why work for Lambda?
- We work hard to play hard. Lambda has experienced rapid success because we are passionate about what we do.
- Location, location, location! Lambda’s Vancouver head office is located right in heart of Gastown.
- Flexible hours. We encourage our employees to lead balanced lives and understand that everyone’s individual needs will differ.
- GREAT People . We take pride in our friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming team!
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to define course objectives and outcomes to define the mapping of the course content
- Designs and develops instructional material for customer training courses that support company technical products.
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Can independently develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences.
- Able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, etc.
- Acts as liaison between R & D and I.D. in determining needs of the course and appropriate method of delivery.
- Experienced with the development of application or software product training
- Experienced in multimedia development, curriculum design and course development
- Able to develop or interpret course storyboards
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of open source Moodle/Totara LMS is desirable.
- Familiar with concepts on reporting, relational database, data modelling, etc.
- Technical Writing
- Experience Teaching/Training & measuring performance
- Ability to work independently or in a team
Job Type: Full-time Contract – 6 months with potential for extension
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please email a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada w/o sponsorship will be considered. No phone calls please.