Lambda Solutions is an eLearning company, focused on helping clients accelerate learning performance. Our technology, training, and services support over one million learners in all sectors, including education, healthcare, government, manufacturing, retail, and technology. Lambda Solutions is based in Vancouver, Canada, with offices in the United States and Serbia.
We are a team of smart, curious, and boundary-pushing individuals who love to solve problems. We like bad puns, Star Wars, beer on Fridays, and lots of cheesecake. Our Vancouver office is conveniently located in Gastown close to both Skytrain lines, with beautiful hardwood floors, brick walls, and a skylight where the office dogs like to bathe in the sun. We think you’ll have fun (and learn a ton!) working with us.
We have a great opportunity on our Support Team for a detail-oriented, solutions-driven Integrations Support Specialist. This is a Junior to Intermediate role that will focus on providing integration and technical support for Lambda’s clients focusing on the Learning Management Systems Moodle and Totara.
The Integrations Support Specialist will also provide support for our reporting tool Zoola Analytics. Working closely with the Lead Customer Experience Architect and Support Team, the Integrations Support Specialist will help clients to resolve their issues and enable them to achieve their LMS and reporting goals.
What you’ll do:
● Provide exceptional service to Lambda’s clients over email, phone, and chat
● Effectively and quickly troubleshoot and diagnose application & network related issues within defined SLAs
● Provide consultation and best practises while helping clients integrate single sign-on authentication solutions
○ SAML 2.0
○ OpenID Connect
○ OAuth 2.0
○ REST and RESTful solutions
● Provide consultation on how to use the Moodle/Totara Web Service API
● Prepare client Composer profiles for upgrade deployment
● Coordinate with the System Operations to upgrade/migrate client sites
● Provide overall application support for Moodle & Totara including
○ Best practices for content creation
○ Theming and design optimizations
● Own and manage a personal queue or backlog of open cases while ensuring SLAs are met and updating customers with appropriate timelines according to best practices
● Follow company best practices, such as removing criticality first and addressing long-term solutions second
● Escalate cases based on requirements and needs of client
● Contribute to and update internal and external knowledge base
● Transfer knowledge to colleagues
● Report to Lead Customer Experience Architect
What you have:
● A relevant degree or diploma in the technology field
○ Computer Science, Business Technology Management, Computer Information Technology, Engineering, etc.
● 1-3 years working experience in a related field
○ co-op is accepted towards this experience count
● High technical aptitude (you pick up technology and concepts quickly)
● Strong written and verbal English communication skills
● Great organization skills with a positive and results-oriented attitude
● Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning
● Experience working with PHP, and SQL
● Experience with authentication methods SAML, OAuth, and OIDC
● Knowledge of Network firewalls, proxies, and general security practises
● Knowledge of NGINX and BASH scripts
● Knowledge of PHP Autoloader Classes, OPCache, and SPL Class structures
● Knowledge of REST, RESTful, SOAP and XML-RPC technologies
● Previous experience with software ZenDesk, JIRA, and Git
What Lambda Offers:
● Industry competitive salary
● Extended health benefits
● Start-up style working environment
● Mentorship to those early in their careers
● Team building social activities
The Integrations Support Specialist is a full-time role, reporting to the Lead Customer Experience Architect in Vancouver, BC.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please email a detailed resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Vancouver will be considered. No phone calls, please.