Technical Writer (Contract) – Downtown Vancouver
Lambda Solutions is looking for someone, on a contract basis with a potential to move full-time, to join our growing product development team. We are looking for a dynamic individual, someone who enjoys a challenge and is driven by curiosity and results.
Lambda requires someone who can help update and transform the current PDF-based help system into an interactive HTML (or similar) style help system. Coordination with the R&D team will be required to load the new help system into the source code repository and to connect the new help system into the product. Future projects include developing video-based tutorials, role-specific help systems, context-sensitive help, implementing a robust framework for quickly applying updates throughout the product lifecycle and more.
Success will be determined by meeting deadlines, quality of work, ability to accept and apply feedback, and the ability to work independently and as part of team.
What You Will Do
- Plan, write, and maintain end-user documentation, including online help systems
- Create documentation methodologies, frameworks, and workflow diagrams
- Collaborate with the product development team to document new or changed features
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of end-user documentation for the intended audience
- Use screenshots, pictures, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Ability to understand different product end-user roles and responsibilities and translate functionality into clear, concise, and complete documentation meeting the needs of those end-users
- Is well organized and has a strong eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in technical writing or related field
- Experience in a fast paced Agile environment
- Experience with different writing styles based on document type and end-user needs such as user manuals, help systems, technical bulletins, and API specifications
- Experience with successfully managing the versioning and branding of documents
- Familiarity with conventions in form, structure, and notation of technical writing is required
- Proficiency with applicable technical writing applications is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is required
The length of the contract will be determined jointly based on an assessment of the effort.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please email your resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email.