Junior Software Developer (Intern or Co-op Student)
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer (Intern position) who is ready to apply learned in-classroom skills in real world. You will participate in building and improving internal tools, participate in various on-demand development projects, and work in our Vancouver office communicating with cross-functional teams.
This position is for a September start date and will be a 4 or 8 month term, depending on our requirements.
– Strong understanding of and ability to develop APIs
– Experience using SQL to extract data
– Experience writing code in PHP, Ruby
– Ability to adapt and learn quickly
– Detail oriented with a tenacity to succeed
– Strong troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills
– Experience with open source software such as Moodle/WordPress/Drupal would be an asset
– Understanding of Agile principles
– Familiarity with networks, virtualization and cloud technologies
-Analyze REST API of various services such as Zendesk/Salesforce/Jira and develop new web services
– Develop various scripts for data migration
– Deliver high quality code that is easily maintainable and meets development standards
– Write and maintain software documentation
– Between ages 18-30
– Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee
– Currently not receiving EI benefits
– Currently attending or recently graduated from a Post-Secondary Canadian Institution in the field of Computing Science, Engineering or Math
About Lambda Solutions:
Lambda Solutions is a learning management expert that provides learning solutions and analytics in cloud. We are proven Moodle and Totara Open Source Learning Management Systems partner with extensive knowledge how to deliver learning to Education, Government and Corporate sectors. We are a young and dynamic team that will give you a chance to learn and make a significant impact. We provide services for companies like Four Seasons Hotels, TOMS Shoes America, ICBC, Kodak Alaris, WIND Mobile and others. Check out our technology stack http://stackshare.io/lambda-solutions.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, then please email a resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada w/o sponsorship will be considered. No phone calls please.
Don’t forget to send us a link to a contribution you’ve made to an open source project or a piece of your writing about technologies/tools/interests you passionate about!