Senior SysOps Administrator – Downtown Vancouver
We are looking for an experienced system operations engineer who is ready to move to the next level. If you enjoy a challenge, and are driven by curiosity and results, this may be the most rewarding job you have ever had!
Lambda Solutions is a leading provider of Open Source e-Learning solutions based on the popular Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems. We provide Managed Hosting and Professional Services to clients in Education, Corporate Training, Healthcare and Government. We are a young and dynamic organization that will give you a chance to learn, and contribute to our growth and our brand.
NOTE: The successful incumbent will be required to carry a pager and/or cell phone (on rotation).
- Minimum 6 years related experience
- 5+ years administering LAMP stacks
- 5+ years experience managing RDBMS – MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience automating and monitoring systems, managing/operating large-scale production systems in public clouds on Amazon AWS, Rackspace OpenStack
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience with public cloud CLI, SDK/APIs
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience provisioning, configuring, and patching applications and OS in production environment by using Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with network file servers, RAID, SAN, NAS, CDN, and backups.
- Excellent network and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with firewalls and DNS setup.
- Experience with scalable deployments, high-availability and advanced failover.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to multi-task / change tasks on short notice
- Proven ability to work under pressure in stressful situations
- Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with in-memory caching / storage systems, such as: Memcache, Redis.
- Experience programming in PHP, Python
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Big Data
- Experience with major open source CMS and LMS such as Moodle, Drupal…
- Experience with network hardware, standard network protocol principles and functions, setup of LAN and Mail servers.
- Knowledge of server monitoring applications.
- Team player with a customer service orientation who thrives in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging performance driven environment.
- Strong time management skills required to be able to work autonomously while under pressure against tight deliverables.
- Detail oriented with a tenacity to succeed
- Develop system solutions that have high availability/ scalability while consistently meeting customer needs.
- Effectively monitor performance of systems and make recommendations for improvement of enterprise applications (in private and public cloud).
- Ensure Hosting SLAs are met.
- Perform all operational and administrative activities for system management including diagnosing/troubleshooting complex problems.
- Identify and solve issues in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- On-call, via pager, first response monitor for website and batch problems on a rotating basis with other operations personnel.
Does this sound like a fit for you and the next step of your career goals? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to connecting with you!