Reports Analyst (Intern or Co-op Student)
Lambda Solutions is looking for a Reports Analyst Co-op Student to be responsible for report development, analysis, and data validation.
- Downtown Vancouver
- September start date
- Applications due Friday, July 31st.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, analytical, and have the ability to effectively identify reporting requirements, design features, and specifications. This individual should be a “self-starter” who can operate autonomously, interacting with cross-functional teams performing research, data analysis, and report development. This individual will be working on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, simultaneously, and needs to be able to compartmentalize effectively.
This position is for a September 2016 start date and will commence in December. Applications are due on Friday, July 31st, 2016 and candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent in progress
- Fluency in data structures
- Experience writing dynamic SQL
- Experience developing reports inside SaaS applications
- Experience with a variety of commercial reporting solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures
- General knowledge of Java and PHP
- Ability to quickly and independently deliver on assignments with high quality work
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interact with stakeholders for requirements gathering and analysis
- Design / build / test reports and dashboards
- Report and dashboard performance optimization including database query optimization
– Between ages 18-30
– Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee
– Currently not receiving EI benefits
– Currently attending or recently graduated from a Post-Secondary Canadian Institution in the field of Computing Science, Engineering, or Math
About Lambda Solutions:
Lambda Solutions is a leading provider of open source e-Learning solutions based on the popular Moodle and Totara learning management systems. We are a young and dynamic organization that will put you in the driver seat and give you a chance to learn quickly, contribute to our growth, and make a big impact.
Why work for Lambda?
- We work hard and play hard. Lambda has experienced rapid success because we are passionate about what we do.
- Location, location, location! Lambda’s Vancouver head office is located right in heart of Gastown.
- Weekly team lunches, birthday cheesecake, and wine + cheese on Fridays. Need we say more?
- Great people. We take pride in our friendly, enthusiastic, and welcoming team!
If this sounds like the right fit for you, then please email a resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of your email. Only local candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada w/o sponsorship will be considered. No phone calls please.